Sunday, March 27, 2011

A book that understands me...

In my attempts to be supportive, I am watching (yet another) basketball game with my boyfriend.  March Madness is literally driving me crazy.  To keep myself entertained (and maintain what little is left of my sanity), I am googling anything that comes to mind, which includes those sneakers with separate toes, what the weather will be like for the next week, and how to deal with the overload of sporting events that are being crammed down my throat thanks to the NCAA.  That is when I found the greatest book ever.

Well, that may be going too far, but it definitely seems like it would be an entertaining read.  The Revenge of the Sports Widow: How to Cope With a Sports Fanatic by Kathleen Bridge Barry is just what it sounds like and more.  I read an excerpt of the book through Google books and was literally laughing out loud as I saw parallels from my life and the life of a fellow sports fanatic significant other.  From the introduction, written by the author's husband while watching a taped basketball game, to the final chapter where the reality that you can't live without the one you love (even if they may seem to love ESPN more than you) simply because the chances of finding a man who isn't a sports fanatic is almost statistically impossible.  I guess that is something to think about as my boyfriend cheers on teams for colleges that I've never heard of.

Surviving the madness one game at a time,
Sports Fanatic Girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment