Thursday, March 17, 2011

The ESPN ScoreCenter App

This app has single-handedly ruined any chances I had of having an entire, meaningful conversation with my sports fanatic boyfriend.  ESPN the channel, along with ESPN2 and ESPNU (and MSG and YES in New York), was bad enough, but now in the middle of a romantic date or even just a walk to the grocery store, the other side of the conversation just stops.  I'm not sure what inspires the constant score checking (if the game was that important, we would be at home watching it, wouldn't we?), but it doesn't stop.  Sadly, I am actually the one that introduced my boyfriend to the ESPN app.  I never knew how much I would regret sharing it with him.  I had originally thought it would buy me a little more time when I wanted to stay out later or finish the latest episode of Kim and Kourtney Take New York.  Instead, it has become a middle man in my relationship keeping my boyfriend from participating in any conversations he deems to be uninteresting.  The app needs to find a way of encouraging sports fanatics to interact with the non-sports world.

Dreading March Madness,
Sports Fanatic Girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment