Friday, February 17, 2012

Thanks for trying...

Dear Time Warner Cable,

Our time together has not always been great.  I always feel a little cheated when your bill comes in the mail, but I know that I have no other alternative.  I need to stay with you if I want to continue living the life to which I've grown accustomed.  A life with Grey's Anatomy, Top Chef, Hot in Cleveland, Project Runway, and, of course, the Kardashians.  When I get close to giving up on us, my sports fanatic fiance reminds me that you are the only way he can watch sports, which doesn't really help.

Then you decided to turn off MSG.  For those of you outside of the New York area, MSG is the Madison Square Garden channel and the home of the Knicks.  Without MSG, my winter has been warmer and sweeter... and filled with much less basketball.  I have not missed MSG for a second, and smile crosses my face every time I think of a peaceful (basketball-free) night in with my sports fanatic fiance.

Unfortunately, Lin-sanity has happened (see my previous blog post).  New Yorkers actually want to watch the Knicks now, and people are even more outraged about the feud between you and MSG.  Time Warner Cable, I know you tried to help me out, and I appreciate all your effort.  Though now that the Knicks are Lin-santional, they can no longer be avoided.  My sports fanatic fiance is watching all sports news coverage and devouring any written word about the Asian sensation.  I think he may actually be watching MORE sports rather than less.

So, it's time to give up.  I promise to stay with you (because I have no other choice) through thick and thin, but you need to bring back MSG and put me out of my misery.

With love,
Sports Fanatic Girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment