Thursday, February 9, 2012

Real sports

Sadly, it has been much too long since my last post, especially since I keep coming up with ideas for posts and just don't get around to writing them.  I had a whole Super Bowl post planned with hot or not info on players in the game... Tom Brady?  Hot.  Eli Manning?  Hot.  After that, who really cares?  I had also thought about commenting on all the commercials, but overall I was underwhelmed.

The New York Giants won the Super Bowl in case you hadn't heard.  My sports fanatic fiance was sad that the Jets weren't in the game but glad to see another New York team win.  While my fiance followed the ups and downs of the game, I actually watched Smash on my computer.  I am a Glee junkie, so I loved the musical numbers in Smash.  I'm also a huge Debra Messing and Katherine McPhee fan, so the show would have had to be awful for me not to like it... and even then, I may have still enjoyed it.

Ok, enough Super Bowl talk.  Football season is done!  And since this is something to celebrate, I am not going to rant about sports.  Well, not entirely... what would this blog be if I didn't rant just a little?  The topic of the day is real sports. 

Although I am not a fan of watching sports (or actually playing sports... I'm not very coordinated or athletic), I am a fan of exercising and staying healthy.  I know it may sound silly to the sports fanatics out there who prefer to live vicariously through their favorite teams.  This might actually blow your mind, but for some of us sports are not something you watch but something you take part in.  Crazy thought.  My fiance doesn't always appreciate this comment when I use it as a logical reason why we should be watching something else on TV or why we should be turning off the television all together. 

Fantasy sports have become a big trend lately too.  There are even sweepstakes and prizes offered to fantasy players.  My question is, why not just play a real sport?  You are already watching sports.  Then you go out of your way to start your own sports team and compete but only as a fantasy.  Doesn't that sound like kid stuff?  It's like an imaginary friend.  You think he's real, but no one else can see him.  If you watch sports, the next step would be to play sports... you know, go outdoors and move around a little.  All the strategy applied to your fantasy team could be put towards good use on the actual playing field.  It's just a thought.  If you are such a big sports fan that everything else in your life comes second, shouldn't you want to be in the game?

Deep thinking about a shallow topic... until next time!

Sports Fanatic Girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment